*** ENTRY FORM FOR ABOVE COMPETITION IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ***
For new parents and parents not sure of what takes place on this day I will try to explain to the best of my ability. First of all can I emphasise that this is first and foremost a “Fun Day” competition for all our members of the Skate UK, Snowtots and Star classes. Over the next few weeks the skaters in the various classes will be practising a small routine to music which each skater will perform for their parents, grandparents, friends etc., on the above day. Can I also stress that if a skater doesn’t want to participate this is up to the individual skater. The Snowtots will perform their little routine in a group or by themselves if capable - they are not expected to do this on their own. All skaters participating in the competition will receive a trophy for their performance so everyone is a winner. We will be holding our usual coffee morning in the upstairs curling lounge where we hope all visitors can come along and support the skaters in comfort. Also, can I advise that we hope to purchase an extra hours ice on the small ice rink for extra practice for Spiral, Spin participants, attendance to this extra hour is, of course, optional and will probably cost £3.00 for the hour session. Donations of baking etc., for the coffee morning will be greatly appreciated and should be handed in to the club on the morning of the competition.
The details for entry to the competition are as follows:
• Competition entry form can be obtained from the registration desk (desk you sign in at on a Saturday morning)
• Cost of entry into the competition is £5.00 per skater. £2.50 for Snowtots.
• The closing date for entries is Saturday 2 May 2015.
• If a skater requires the use of skates from the skate hire please give the skate size to the person in charge of the skate hire
• If you would like to borrow a dress for use on the day please also ask the person in charge of the skate hire
• A photographer will be at the rink that day to take photographs, if desired. Due to Child Protection issues no videoing or photography is allowed
• A DVD of the day will be provided free of charge to each participant
• If you do not want your child to have their photograph taken for inclusion in the Ayrshire Post or Club notice board please advise either myself or a member of the committee
• All skaters participating in the above are asked to be in the ice rink dressed with their skates on at 08.00 am on the day of the competition.
Finally, if you have any questions regarding the above please do not hesitate to ask either myself or a member of the committee who will be happy to help
*** KYLE AND AYR INTER-RINK COMPETITION ***
SATURDAY 23 MAY 2015
ENTRY FORMS AND RELEVANT INFORMATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD